Click the button below to set up an account on the site, after that head to the Participants Lounge to join the conference
What is iMoot?
iMoot is an annual event where the Moodle community, practitioners, administrators and decision makers meet to share the best practice in online learning.
The iMoot is a fully online conference that focuses mainly on the Moodle e-learning software (however we do also have presentations from products that integrate with it eg. Mahara, or derivatives of Moodle).
Before the event participants can get involved on the forums, to discuss particular sessions or network.
All sessions are presented live; around half are aimed at people teaching with Moodle, the other half are for Moodle admins. During the sessions participants can get involved using text based chat in the virtual conference room, and at the presenters discretion may be invited to join in via audio or webcam if they have questions. Audience participation is highly encouraged. Sessions often have specific forums for follow up questions after the presentations.
Around 20 minutes after the presentation session, the recording is available for participants to review via the iMoot site.
Who attends an iMoot?
Usually we have around 300 people from all over the world attending. It is aimed at educators, Moodlers, developers and managers, in education establishments, businesses and government agencies.
iMoot16 Dates and Times
5am 26th -> 5am 29th May AWST (UTC+08:00 hours) non stop!!!
The standard conference registration fee is $98 USD.
- All presentations and keynotes
- Access to Question and Answer sessions after each presentation to talk with the presenters
- Access to presentation materials for at least 3 months after the conference, including the session recordings.
- Access to the private conference chat areas to converse with other attendees, and presenters
To sign up for iMoot you will need to complete the following steps.
- Sign up for a free account https://2016.imoot.org/login/signup.php
- Purchase a ticket to attend the event (Via Paypal) https://2016.imoot.org/course/view.php?id=4
If your presentation submission is approved by our panel then you can attend for FREE!
Do you do group rates?
- We do a special group rate for 5 or more. Please email us.
What if I pay now and then get accepted as a presenter?
- If you pay now but become accepted as a presenter later we will happily refund your original purchase.
Do I have to use Paypal?
- Due to the international nature of the conference we have to use a global tool. For this reason we have made Paypal the required method of payment. You don't need a Paypal account to use Paypal. If you wish to pay by cheque or other means please email us at email@example.com or phone us on +61 8 9328 4545